Submitting claims through your MyEmbrace customer account online or in the Embrace Pet Insurance app is the fastest way – plus, it doesn’t require a claim form! If you submit by email, fax, or mail, a claim form is required.
What is Needed to Submit a Claim
An Itemized Invoice
The itemized invoice must include the total amount for your pet’s visit including discounts, taxes, other pets, etc.
Make sure to include all pages of the invoice
Diagnosis or Reason for Visit
This is the reason that your pet was seen by the vet (i.e. vomiting, diarrhea, scratching ear, allergies, limping, etc.)
How to Submit Claims Via MyEmbrace
1. Log in to MyEmbrace and select Submit a Claim from the Quick Links menu
2. Be sure to have all pages of the invoice and a diagnosis before you continue. Once confirmed, select Start a Claim
3. Provide requested information about the claim including:
Where the Invoice is From
Use the Zip Code of the vet practice stated on the invoice
You can choose pharmacies or websites if applicable
Invoice Date & Duration
Select Single Date if your pet was seen for an outpatient visit or Multi-day Hospital Stay if your pet had an overnight visit
The invoice date is the date that the services were rendered (purchase date, hospital visit, etc.)
Total Invoice Amount
Include taxes, discounts, fees, items for other pets, etc. even if you are not claiming for those expenses
4. Select the files to upload including your pet’s itemized invoice
Upload only one invoice per claim submission
Include ALL pages of the invoice (even if they are blank)
File Limitations: Files must be 50MB or less. Accepted formats are PDF, PNG, or JPEG.
Select Next - Review Invoice
5. Confirm the invoice upload is legible and complete. Select Next – Select Pets
6. Select the insured pets who are on the invoice that you are claiming for. Select Next – Add Pet Diagnosis
7. Add diagnosis and additional claim details
Type or select the diagnosis, symptoms, or reason for visit in the Diagnosis or Reason for Visit search box
The drop-down menu shows previous diagnoses for your pet (if applicable) & the most common diagnoses
If you don’t see your pet’s diagnosis or you would like to provide additional details, enter it in the Additional Details box
If have more than one pet on the invoice, select Next Pet & repeat step 6 to add their diagnosis details
Select Next – Review & Submit to continue
8. Review information on Confirm Claim Details page. Select Edit Details, Edit Docs, or Edit Pets if details are missing or incorrect. If no edits need to be made, select Submit Claim
Your claim has been successfully submitted and you should receive email confirmation within two business days.
From here, you can submit another claim by selecting Start Another Claim or return to MyEmbrace Home
Other Ways to Submit Claims
If you submit claims outside of MyEmbrace online or in the Embrace Pet Insurance app, make sure to include the claim form(s) and all pages of the complete invoice.
Note: The claim form(s) & invoice must be sent as attachments no larger than 5MB. This is an unmonitored email address – we’re unable to respond to messages & questions sent here.
Fax: (800) 238-1042
Mail: Embrace Pet Insurance
PO Box 22188
Beachwood, OH 44122-0188
Note: When you submit claims outside of MyEmbrace, a claim form for each pet that you are claiming is required.
Learn more about how to complete the claim form.
If you have questions about submitting claims, contact us.