What Your Explanation of Benefits Tells You
An Explanation of Benefits (EOB) is an itemized description of covered and not-covered charges of a veterinary bill.
The EOB includes:
Remaining Coverage Amounts
Portion Applied to Deductible (if applicable)
Reimbursement Amount (if applicable)
How to Download Your Explanation of Benefits Via MyEmbrace
1. Log in to MyEmbrace and select Pet Claims + Info under the pet whose claim processed
2. Select the claim you would like to view. Claims are organized by date of service
3. In the Claim Overview section of the Claim Details page, select Download Explanation of Benefits. This link will open a PDF of your EOB
Each section displays:
Claim and Policy Information
- Including claim date of service, your policy term, etc.
Calculated Potential Refund
- Includes breakdown of covered charges & how coverage is applied
- Details reimbursements in policy term & prior remaining coverage amount
- Wellness Rewards Benefits (not pictured)
- Details reimbursement in policy term, expected Wellness Rewards reimbursement for claim, & remaining Wellness Rewards balance after claim
- Includes reimbursement total & method
- Direct Deposit: reimbursement will be deposited to a checking or savings account within 2-3 business days
- Check: reimbursement will be sent via paper check through USPS. Checks usually take 5-7 business days to arrive (the post office has asked that we allow up to 10 business days).
- Total itemized invoice broken into item description, covered amount, & invoiced amount
If you need help understanding your explanation of benefits, contact us.