Review the onboarding checklist below to make sure you’ve done everything necessary to get your policy up and running. Once it’s completed, you don’t have to worry about your policy again until you need it.
1. Activate your MyEmbrace customer account
• Register for MyEmbrace
• Download the Embrace Pet Insurance mobile app for Android or iOS
2. Confirm your pet's vet history
• Let us know what vets your fur friend has visited in the 12 months (or less if they’re a new addition) before you enrolled – we sent you an email for this, please respond there
• If your pet did not visit the vet in the 12 months before enrollment, they must be seen within the first 14 days of the policy for coverage to begin
Note: Having this information up front helps us process your pet’s claims faster.
3. Note your waiting periods
The start & end dates for your pal's waiting periods are listed in MyEmbrace. Embrace's waiting periods are:
- Illnesses: 14 days
- Accidents: 2 days
- Orthopedic: 6 months (dogs only)
4. Optional: Have your vet complete the Orthopedic Report Card (dogs only)
Without it, dogs aren’t covered for broken bones, torn muscles, or ligament- or joint-related issues for the first 6 months. Having this done ensures there aren’t gaps in coverage. You can have this done anytime within the first 6 months of your policy.
5. Read up on your policy
• Read your Embrace policy terms & conditions
• Add Embrace to your email contacts list – that’s how we keep in touch if we need you
If you have any questions about your policy, contact us.